Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The Preschool Lead Teacher is part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program at the Tung Lok Early Childhood Learning Center. The Preschool Lead Teacher will actively participate and help plan all activities scheduled. The position will supervise and support volunteers, and/or substitutes when needed. The Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the Tung Lok Early Childhood Learning Center and must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children. The Preschool Lead Teacher must observe and follow all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing as well as instructions given by the Site Coordinator.
Tung Lok Early Childhood Learning Center
75 Vallejo Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Minimum 21 years old
- Must be available Monday – Friday during program hours
- Must be qualified for Master Teacher or Site Supervisor permit, or working toward permit qualifications
- Related experience: 350+ days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years in a child development setting
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid certification (can complete upon hiring)
- Provide TB clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Proof of COVID Vaccination required
- Submit proof of Immunizations for Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles
- Submit Physical Health Clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Fingerprint background check clearance through Community Care Licensing
- Bilingual skills in English and Chinese or Spanish
- Knowledge of NAEYC, PITC, Anti-Bias Curriculum, Emergent Curriculum and Reggio Emilia
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records