Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The wellness coach is responsible for creating and nurturing a seamless and meaningful YMCA member experience from first point of contact with the Y to the daily engagement of current members. The wellness coach provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for clients during Personal Training appointments while demonstrating YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. All staff hired into this position is evaluated within 90 days for effectiveness.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Flexible scheduling with the availability to teach and cover classes
- Minimum 1 year personal training experience; 3-years for Master Level training experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Nationally recognized and Y-accepted Personal Training Certification
- First Aid/CPR
- Nutritional and/or specialty certifications required for Master Level Personal Trainer.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.