Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
Swiim Instructor provide swim lesson instruction to a diverse population using national YMCA principles and program models. Instructors are asked to demonstrate the YMCA Mission and Guidelines. fundamental knowledge in aquatics is critical to the success of this position. National YMCA Swim Program training certificates are preferred within 90 days or upon first available training.
- Minimum of 16 years old
- Must be available early mornings, afternoons and weekends
- Current YMCA approved certifications in: CPR, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor
- Significant knowledge of swimming/aquatics, previous experience in competitive swimming
- Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin language skills
- Additional certifications (YASA, ARC Lifeguard, YMCA Lifeguard, ARC WSI, USA Swimming Coach, ASCA)
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records