Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Responsible for premier member service and member retention. Position acts as the front-line representative of the YMCA. Provides service and information to current and prospective members.
Have the ability to conduct tours, sell memberships and programs. Must be able to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone with individuals of diverse backgrounds. Must be able to articulate the mission of the YMCA, and respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current YMCA approved first aid certification *
- Current YMCA approved CPR certification *
- High School education or equivalent
- Experience in a service, sales and/or office environment preferred
- Customer service and general office skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and general office equipment
- Must have flexible schedule to include some night, early morning and weekend availability
- Current mission sales training*
- Maintain 50% conversion rate with member tours(first 3 months to ramp up to this)
* within 90 days of employment or first available training
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.