Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Child Development Program Coordinator works directly with the Child Development Director to administer a safe and nurturing environment that is developmentally appropriate for children ages 3 months to six years and works to achieve successful program service delivery to the Peninsula Family YMCA’s Gateway Child Care Center constituency. The Program Coordinator assists the Child Development Director in establishing classroom policies and procedures for children’s development and safety and is responsible for ensuring that the center meets the State of California Community Care Licensing requirements. This position will act as the Department Head in the absence of the Child Development Director and will work closely with parents and staff to identify and develop programs and activities in accordance with YMCA of San Francisco Child Care Programming goals and objectives. The Program Coordinator will delegate appropriate responsibilities as needed for successful day to day operations and will work closely with the Child Development Director and other Coordinators (Infant/Toddler and Preschool).
- Minimum 21 years old
- BA in Early Childhood Development or related field
- A minimum of one year of experience should be in the area of program coordinator, development, management, supervisory role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, some budget and finance experience
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
- Child Development Master Teacher, Site Supervisor or Program Director Permit (or Qualified) preferred.
- Experienced and strong knowledge on PITC, NAEYC, DRDP, Reggio Emilia, QRIS, etc. preferred.
- Must pass criminal background check
- Submit TB clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Submit Physical Health Clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- CPR & 1st Aid within 3 months of hire, all required YMCA trainings within 3 months of hire.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.