Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility while delivering impactful wellness services to participants. The end result of their instruction is to effect a positive change in the wellness of the members of the YMCA of San Francisco, and surrounding communities. This position requires enthusiasm and a desire to motivate and help others to improve upon or attain their health and wellness goals. It is concerned primarily with maintaining a safe, quality program following guidelines set by the YMCA of the USA, ACE, AFAA or other approved fitness governing bodies. In the Y, the Cause-Driven Leader is the ambassador of Y culture and a role model of our service and engagement principles.
We are hiring for multiple modalities: cardio, strength, dance, boxing, martial arts, etc.
Salary range: $26.00 to $45.00 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must possess strong communication, program planning, team building and leadership skills.
- Must have availability mornings, and/or evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must have a good understanding of the YMCA movement, mission, and vision.
- Within 30 days of hire:
- Obtain Y approved CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Complete Y-USA Learning and Career Development Center (LCDC) e-learnings: Foundations of Listen First, Orientation to Healthy Living at the Y, Principles of Member Health & Wellness and Group Exercise at the Y.
- Relevant fitness certification(s), licenses and current auto-ship release subscriptions, etc.
- Must stay up to date with modality releases.
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.