Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Director of Family Support and Community Services, the OMIFRC Director is responsible for oversight and ongoing development and implementation of the OMI Family Resource Center. The Director provides supervision of the FRC staff and works closely with the community, collaborative partners, the Human Services Agency, First 5 San Francisco, the Department of Children, Youth and Families, staff, schools, law enforcement, and community agencies. The Director ensures that clients receive the services they need so they may benefit from family support. The Director works as a team member with OMIFRC staff to ensure a holistic approach to meeting the needs of families served.
This position is concerned with the delivery of services in the community. To this end, the Director must have the interpersonal skills to oversee staff interaction with the clients and the community. The Director effectively manages and ensures compliance with all aspects of the OMIFRC Scope of Services. Contract and budget management, organization and systems management, and supervision and program development skills required. The Director will ensure that all goals and objectives are met for the program and must have the ability to clearly document outcomes and data per program protocols. The Director ensures that all staff adheres to all confidentiality procedures. The Director is responsible for the OMIFRC budget and ensures quality programming for all families.
- Minimum age 21
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology with management experience with demonstrated managerial experience and at least 2 years working as a supervisor OR:.
- Bachelors Degree with 5-7 years supervision and contract management experience
- At least 3 years working in a clinical setting.
- Familiarity and experience with target populations.
- Familiarity and experience working in or with DHS, DCYF, First 5, and community-based agencies.
- Experience with group education programs with our population.
- Familiarity running weekly support groups, parent education groups, and sessions with youth and families.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated follow through on tasks: multi project/multi task orientation.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, pleasant personality, and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of the OMI community helpful
- Valid California Driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.