Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
We are looking to add an Office Manager to our dynamic team of caring professionals at a fast paced mental health clinic in South San Francisco! Could this be you?!
Our agency, the Youth Service Bureaus, is a program of the Urban Services branch of the YMCA of San Francisco. We are a nonprofit agency that provides life-changing programs that build healthy families, successful communities and enhance the lives of children. Urban Services YMCA's vision is to provide limitless opportunities to Bay Area youth, families and communities. Founded in 1995, Urban Services YMCA is led by an experienced team of staff, volunteers and board members. The Youth Service Bureaus have clinics in San Francisco, Pacifica, South San Francisco and San Mateo. We serve youth, families and adults in both our mental health clinics and at our Community Resource Center located in the same office. Our clients range in needs from homeless shelter referrals and food, to one on one therapy sessions and group therapy in our clinic and in schools around San Mateo County. Our office is in need of an administrator to run the daily needs of the office, as well as manage additional tasks assigned by the Director of Operations.
- At least 21 years of age
- BA in Business, Finance, Organizational Development, and/or a related field.
- Proficient in Excel Workbooks, Quickbooks, and/or other accounting software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize, find and/or create efficiencies in current protocols, and understand large systems.
- Ability to move around the office, including our space on the second floor (elevator and stair access), throughout clinic hours. As well as light lifting, 20-25 lbs, of files, office supplies, tables, chairs, etc.
- Bilingual skills.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve on the spot, and be flexible.
- Creative, thinks outside the box, looks at the big picture.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with ethnically/racially diverse clients and families.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.