Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
YMCA After School Program Leader provides meaningful and enriching opportunities for youth in YMCA programs that are offered at local elementary and middle schools. The Morning Care Program Leader will plan, provide structured activities, and supervise registered participants of the Martin Luther King MS community before school hours. Individuals hired for this position will work under the supervision of the Program Site Coordinators and Directors, and will need to be flexible, willing to take initiative, be punctual, and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year.
Location: MLK Jr Middle School - 350 Girard St., San Francisco, 94134
- Minimum 21 years of age for the middle school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind-NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality out of school time opportunities to youth
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M-F during program hours including set up and breakdown; 8:00am – 10am – Youth participants are served between 8:30 – 9:30am
- Current YMCA approved CPR and 1st Aid certification (can complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint and TB Test clearances
- Must be willing to participate in bi-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Bi-Lingual skills in English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports
- Connections in the local San Francisco community
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.