Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The Membership Associate is responsible for creating and nurturing a seamless and meaningful YMCA member experience from first point of contact with the Y to daily engagement of current members. The candidate demonstrates the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and implements the Y’s Member Engagement Principles of welcome, connect, support and invite during all member and guest interactions. They connect YMCA members with available resources virtually or in the branch. The candidate is expected to maintain general knowledge of the facility, programs and activities of the Y and provides service and information to members while creating a safe environment for all.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be available mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Must have at least 6 months to 1 year of previous customer service experience
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Please have current YMCA-approved First Aid and CPR certifications or obtain within 30 days of hire
- Proof of COVID vaccination is required
- Language skills in Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish
- Schedule flexibility for evenings, weekends and holidays
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records