Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Director of Membership and Communications, the Member Engagement Leader is an essential role for member acquisition, member engagement, and administrative support. This position will lead staff in absence of Membership Director and/or Coordinators and serves as a liaison with administrative, fitness, and program departments. The Membership Lead is responsible for general knowledge of the facility, programs and activities of the Richmond District YMCA and serves as a role model of exceptional customer
service, exemplifying the character counts of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The Member Engagement Leader will also model Mission Sales and Mobile Fit best practices and assist the with administrative duties related to Mission Sales including follow-up calls with
prospective members and monthly membership related communications.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Two or more years of college preferred.
- Two or more years of related experience in a customer service, sales or office environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communications are a must in order to drive association and branch objectives of improving acquisition and retention of members.
- Must be able to work Weekday evenings and Weekend mornings
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Applies creative problem-solving to ensure member satisfaction and retention.
- The ability to learn and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and general office equipment including personal computer applications such as database and word processing.
- Current YMCA approved First Aid and CPR certification.*
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, or Russian preferred.
*Within 90 days of employment or at first available training
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records