Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Membership Engagement Associate is supervised by the Membership and Communications Director. Under their direction, the Membership Engagement Associate shares the responsibility of keeping the counter operation running efficiently and effectively. Membership Engagement Associate is responsible for all the contact with members/potential members at the counter with an emphasis on providing superior members service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two or more years of college preferred.
- Two or more years of related experience in a service, sales and/or office environment.
- Customer service and general office skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers and general office equipment.
- Fluency in conversational English and Cantonese or Mandarin speaking preferred..
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.