Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Member Engagement Coordinator / Manager on Duty is responsible for creating and nurturing a seamless and meaningful YMCA member experience, from first point of contact with the Y to daily engagement of current members by demonstrating our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. All staff hired into this position will be evaluated within 90 days for effectiveness. The Membership Coordinator / Manager on Duty (MOD) will act as lead staff for facility and department during their assigned MOD shift.
- Aged 21 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two or more years of related experience in a service, sales or office environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and general office equipment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team setting with both staff and volunteers.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to see new opportunities and respond to them
- Must have a passion for working with people of culturally, ethnically and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of basic health, nutrition and fitness
- Must be flexible to a schedule that can include some nights, early mornings and weekends. MOD shifts are scheduled at the start and close of business with at least one weekend day required.
- All staff hired into this position are evaluated within 90 days for effectiveness.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Bilingual fluency in English and Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish preferred.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records