Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Director of Administration, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and supervision of branch marketing materials and communication systems. This position will also provide support to strategic marketing efforts and branch events as well as Association level project support and attendance at Sub-committee meetings.
The position will serve to strengthen the foundation of our community by positioning the Y as a well-known, high functioning community resource. The areas of primary importance are: managing all external and internal branch communications, including, but not limited to, the website, print materials and social media; be the branch leader for maintaining the Y branding throughout the branch and in external communication; support directors in creation and implementation of program and special event marketing and communication.
- Minimum age 21
- BA Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field
- Minimum 1-year web-based marketing communications experience, including web- content management and internet related systems.
- Graphic design and marketing experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and social media tools REQUIRED.
- Experience with photography and media. The ability to take and edit photo and video content REQUIRED.
- Must be available full time Monday - Friday
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Proven ability to manage time-critical projects (planning, scheduling, monitoring)
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities
- Experience with working on multiple projects at once with deadlines met.
- CPR/AED and First Aid (provided once hired)
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.