Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
aspects of the supervision of children and implementation of camp activities and curriculum.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to; arriving to work as scheduled and on time. Successfully implementing and participating in theme-based curriculum that meets the needs of the individual child in regards to cultural, developmental and socio economic background. The camp counselor needs to identify and report critical incidents and act swiftly in emergency situations as well as adequately observe participants’ activities and enforce safety regulations.
- Minimum 16 years old.
- Must be available Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 6:00pm (Hours/shifts vary)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality programming to youth
- Must be a Team Player and be comfortable working alongside 5-7 fellow staff
- Must have knowledge and enthusiasm in youth development work
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- CPR First Aid certified (may earn upon hire)
- Bilingual skills in Spanish
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.