Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Membership is responsible for driving, leading and managing a seamless and meaningful YMCA experience, from a person’s first point of contact with the Y to the daily engagement of current members. The Membership Director must exude professionalism and confidence in knowledge of YMCA programming, implementing the Y’s Member Engagement Principles of welcome, connect, support and invite during all member and guest interactions. This position requires a deep knowledge of sales, customer service, process creation and data analysis while being able to continually develop and motivate staff. This position will focus on the member experience by managing strategies in marketing/communication and facility cleanliness/maintenance by which we attract and retain members, positioning the YMCA for continued growth.
The Membership Director should have strong knowledge of fiscal management skills, business operations, sales and data analytics. This person must be able to increase member units, as well as, increase retention, engagement, and appreciation of current members. This position will also provide strategic leadership and support to the Marin YMCA for all branch marketing and communications including: promotions, internal and external communications, web and social media presence. They will directly supervise all Member Engagement staff. Supervision responsibilities will include hire and train new staff, as well as, provide on-going coaching and training for all Membership staff.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be available Monday – Friday as well as early mornings, nights and weekends as needed
- 2 years in a supervisory role
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and community development
- Certifications in CPR / 1st Aid, Introduction to the Y’s Cause and Culture, Healthy Living at the Y, Foundations of Listen First, Cause Driven Tour Workshop, Child Abuse Prevention, Coachable Me within 6p days of hire,
- Customer Service, Sales, and Marketing Experience
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Experience with In-Design,and client relations
- Behavioral Coaching at the Y and YMCA Team Leader Certifications
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records