Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Aquatics Coordinator monitors safety, quality programming, member retention, and customer satisfaction of Private and Group Swim Lessons. The role is responsible for the supervision and mentoring of the swim lesson instructors, coordinating swim lesson programs and operation schedules of the pool, staff training and ensuring safe operations according to our policies and standards. This position will work towards completing the Team Leader level of leadership competency. This is a full-time position. The Aquatics Coordinator will spend approximately 25 hours weekly in a direct service capacity (minimum 15hrs in swimming lessons) and 12 hours weekly in an administrative capacity, or on special projects as assigned.
- Previous aquatics experience as a swim instructor and/or lifeguard.
- Minimum 1 year of experience supervising staff.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to work in a team setting with both staff and volunteers, and the vision to see new opportunities and respond to them.
- Strong administrative skills, such as time management, understanding organizational systems, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated strong values of leadership and be a positive influence and role model to members, participants, colleagues and staff. Ability and interest in coaching and mentoring a staff team.
- Strong desire to build relationships and to help people make positive life changes.
- Valid CPR, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen certifications.**
- Current YMCA Swim Instructor Certification.**
- Current YMCA v6 Lifeguard Certification.**
- Current CPR Instructor certification and YMCA Lifeguard Instructor certification.**
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification and Training.**
- Available to work at least one weekend day (either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday).
** Within 6 months or at first available training.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.