Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, the Site Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of the After School program. Site Coordinator must maintain all relevant reporting to all relevant funders including After School Education and Safety Program (ASES) and other funders. The programs include four primary components: Academics, Enrichment, Nutrition & Recreation (Physical Activities). The After School Enrichment Program will operate with these components 5 days per week. The goals are to improve literacy skill levels and academic performance, and to strengthen social skills in youth. As a member of the site management team, the Site Coordinator will also engage actively in our Annual Giving Campaign, assist with Healthy Kids Day, the Halloween event, and other branch related events. The Site Coordinator will represent the Peninsula YMCA in the San Bruno community, acting as liaison to several entities, both public and private to support the overall mission of the Y at your site.
- 21 years or older
- 2 years college/Associates Degree. Must have 24+ units in ECE or related courses or training, 6 admin units and 2 Adult Units or Site Supervisor Permit Qualified.
- Must be available Monday -- Friday until 6:30 pm (some weekends)
- Experience working with Elementary or Middle School students. 2 years supervising staff.
- Current EMSA approved CPR and First Aid certs, TB test and live scan fingerprint clearance
- Must provide school transcripts documenting necessary qualifications. Must pass health screening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development, Education, Social Services or related field.
- Program and Budget Management, 4+ years of Supervision experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records