$25.00 TO $35.00
Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring,honesty, respect, and responsibility while delivering impactful wellness services to participants. The end result of his/her instruction is to effect a positive change in the wellness of the members of the YMCA of San Francisco, and surrounding communities. This position requires enthusiasm and a desire to motivate and help others to improve upon or attain their health and wellness goals. It is concerned primarily with maintaining a safe, quality program following guidelines set by the YMCA of the USA, ACE, AFAA or other approved fitness governing bodies. Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must possess a variety of skills including communication, program planning, team building and leadership - In the Y, the cause-Driven Leader is the ambassador of Y culture and a role model of our service and engagement principles.
- Must have understanding of the YMCA movement, mission, and vision.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- CPR/AED/First Aid within 30 days of hire
- Healthy Lifestyle Principles of the YMCA online training within 30 days of hire
- Group Exercise at the Y online training within 30 days of hire
- Some modalities require certification /actives subscriptions:
- Licensed modalities Zumba, Piloxing, Les Mills, Bollywood, etc. require subscription to current auto-ship releases. Incumbents are tequired to stay up to date with releases.
- Aqua Fitness requires CPR PRO or advanced CPR certification
- Yoga requires certificate of completion from a Yoga Alliance certified studio.
- NIA requires Current/In Process of NIA Certification
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.