Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Grant Accounting and Billing Specialist reports to the District Administrative Director. This position supports grant management (financial tracking, invoicing, reconciliation, auditing) for local, state, and federal grant contracts totaling over $50 million annually. This is a hybrid position 3 days remote & 2 days on-site at the Embarcadero YMCA
Salary range: $24.00 to $28.00 per hour
- 18+ years old
- Associate degree or equivalent
- Must be available full time on weekdays
- 2-3 years of administrative experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to prioritize when faced with multiple deadlines
- Effective problem solving skills; resourceful
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a friendly, collaborative work style.
- Must love working with numbers.
- Current YMCA-approved CPR and First Aid certification
- 21+ years old
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin
- Expertise in ADP, Traction on Demand, and/or Netsuite
- YUSA Team Leader Certification
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records