Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT (FSA) is responsible for engaging with the public and providing excellent service to customers while making food and pro shop sales at the public facing Point Bonita YMCA Café. The FSA will set the tone for the overall experience that the general public has while interacting with the YMCA through the café’s food service operations, including performing sale transactions and maintaining the cleanliness of the café service areas.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current YMCA approved first aid, CPR, and AED certifications (or ability to acquire within three months of hire).
- Current Basic Food Safety Certification (or ability to acquire within one month of hire).
- Six months or more of related experience in a customer service environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and work independently and professionally, as well as collaboratively with supervisor and team members.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, attentiveness to customer service, and the ability to make timely decisions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to effectively relay information to customers.
- This position deals with people of diverse backgrounds, and it is necessary that s/he have a clear understanding of the relationships of the general public to the staff, of the staff to guests, and of intra-staff relationships.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.