Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Stonestown Family YMCA is looking for a Family Engagement Coordinator who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing all family engagement initiatives within After School Program. This role will include helping to develop successful family and school partnerships; being a coach/liaison on implementing effective family strategies to boost student achievement; working closely with the school day and after school leadership teams; organizing special events to increase family and school community relationships; and gathering and synthesizing resources for community programs and families. The Family Engagement Coordinator will also assist in Stonestown Family YMCA special events, including, but limited to Spooktacular and Healthy Kids Day.
We are currently hiring for a Family Engagement Coordinator at the following After School Site:
- West Portal Elementary School (5 Lenox Way)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Education, Social Services or related field
- Must have 24+ units in Early Childhood Education or related courses or trainings, 6 Admin units and 2 Adult Units or Site Supervisor permit qualified
- Must be available Monday through Friday with some weekends.
- Must have at least two years of experience working with youth programs in supervisory role
- Demonstrate knowledge, familiarity, and experience working in or with schools within SFUSD
- Current EMSA Approved First Aid and CPR certification, finger print and TB test clearance
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin is preferred
- Must provide school transcripts documenting necessary qualifications
- Must pass health screening, CCL Immunizations
Email cover letter and resume to Jackie Severino: firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records