Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Urban Services of the YMCA of San Francisco is a non-profit agency providing life-changing programs that build healthy families, successful communities and enhance the lives of children. Urban Services YMCA's vision is to provide limitless opportunities to Bay Area youth, families and communities.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Family Counselor to provide clinical case management, group and class facilitation, workshops, and Enhanced Visitation (EV). Strong applicants will possess a variety of skills, including written and oral communication skills, computer skills and sound judgment in order to act independently and efficiently.
- Minimum of 21 years old
- A Master's Degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field.
- Active Registration or License through the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- At least 1 year experience working with families and youth in one-on-one and group settings.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Spanish or Cantonese preferred.
- Familiarity and experience in client interviewing, assessment, and treatment plan development.
- Familiarity and experience working in community based agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated follow through on tasks: multi project/multi task orientation.
- Must be able to work 8:30 am to 5 pm or 10:30 am to 7 pm Monday-Friday, with at least 2 late days per week. Some weekends as needed.
- Proven ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, pleasant personality, and a sense of humor.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records