Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for connecting, engaging with and positively impacting and influencing members in the Medicaid, Medicare, and community health markets as they learn about and are referred to the YMCASF Health Initiatives Department. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and consumer engagement skills and demonstrate experience in successful direct customer marketing and customer/community engagement or sales. The Engagement Specialist will serve as Health Initiatives “ambassador” with the community and member market, demonstrating understanding and compassion for our members, and will reach out to assigned members, assist in connecting members to services and supports they may need, and referring them to Health Initiatives and care management services as needed.
Position may require travel to branches and to work in-person. Frequency to be determined.
- Aged 21 or older.
- 3+ years of job-related experience in member, customer or community engagement or outreach.
- Proficiency with Listen First or Motivational Interviewing is required.
- Detail and data savvy with a comfort using computers and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce).
- Basic knowledge of health, nutrition, and fitness.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability and passion for working with people of culturally, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds, with empathy for health seekers.
- Applicable experience with targeted member markets, including Medicaid, Medical and community health desired.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records