Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The School Based Clinician is an on-campus position in multiple elementary schools in South San Francisco Elementary schools. The clinician will, work side-by-side with school staff to provide mental health support to the students in two different elementary schools. . School Based Clinicians conduct mental health and safety assessments, provide referrals for services and intervention, and facilitate life skills groups. This clinician will also work in clinic one evening a week providing individual and family therapy for clients referred through county mental health.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field.
- Registered AMFT or ASW / License as a MFT, LCSW or Psychologist required.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred (not required).
- Willingness to travel throughout San Mateo County
- Knowledge of and/or experience in utilizing crisis intervention techniques; Familiarity with San Mateo County community resources.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to work with ethnically/racially diverse students/families.
- Valid CA Driver’s license, working car
- Livescan and TB clearance
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records