Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Development Director works with the Senior Executive Director and branch team on a variety of fund development related tasks including donor cultivation, stewardship, grant development and administration, volunteerism, community and fundraising events, and annual campaign. Fund development includes donor records management, donor cultivation, and recognition. The position requires interaction with donors, corporate and community partners, members, volunteers, and staff. All functions will be performed to create a highly visible and positive image of the Presidio Community YMCA and Pt Bonita YMCA.
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong analytical and accounting/bookkeeping and PC skills
- Three years of experience in fund raising, donor relations, community engagement
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive fund development plan
- Excellent writing, public speaking and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with and organizing volunteers
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with event planning both large and small scale
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage their own work as well as problem solving effectively and creatively
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records