Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
This position, under the leadership of the Senior Executive Director, acts as a resource to staff and volunteers and co-leads all fund development functions of the branch. This position will provide leadership and management for the annual campaign, major gifts, staff campaign, board campaign, planned giving, and all other fund development projects - including special events, grant writing, corporate and foundation gifts, local business sponsorships, donor record management, donor cultivation efforts, and donor recognition initiatives. The position requires interaction with community organizations, board members, local businesses, donors, outside professionals, volunteers, and staff. This position is also responsible for managing our volunteer engagement program by overseeing volunteer opportunities, assisting in planning volunteer events, and engaging and coordinating volunteers and the board.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree required Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Previous experience with Community relations, Donor relations, and Volunteer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Excellent relationship building with staff, members, volunteers, and community groups; creative vision and passion for the YMCA cause; understanding of the cause and brand of the YMCA
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive fund development plan.
- Must be detail-oriented; organizational skills and problem-solving skills a must.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.