Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
As a member of the Business Resource Center, this role provides support and assistance to participants and staff members from within Membership, Child Care/Camp, Development, and other fee-based programs for designated branches. This support includes processing payments over the phone, follow-up on receivables, and answering any additional questions that may arise. They will assist staff, members & participants within all departments with registration issues as needed and works closely with program coordinators, department directors & the membership team regarding accounts receivables. This position will work with all branches, including the Association office, by processing payments, managing pledges and receivables, reviewing requests in Daxko Operations, and other opportunities on a case-by-case basis to create a supportive and positive experience. Bilingual compensation up to $1 per hour additional.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Must be available regular office hours, occasional after hour support for branches
- At least 2 years experience repairing PCs, installing software and servicing associated network and peripheral computing equipment
- Windows Desktop and Server OS, Active Directory, Ethernet/Broadband Networks, MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Anti-virus and security software, basic server hardware required.
- VoIP, Aruba Wireless, firewall/security, VPN, Office 365 preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A+, Network+, MCSA/MCSE certification preferred
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.