Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Desktop Administrator - Field Technician is responsible for servicing help desk request at the Association Office, located at 50 California Street in San Francisco, and 14+ YMCA of San Francisco branches in the Bay Area. Help Desk related work includes such tasks as fixing physical machines by replacing parts such as fan or hard-drive, re-imaging computers, ordering and installing memory, replacing UPS battery backups for servers at branch locations, troubleshooting multi-function printers, and resolving some network problems and software problems such as removing viruses, installing software, repairing software installations.
Desktop Administrator is also responsible for maintaining some documentation, mostly instructions for users, communicating via email, responding to help desk tickets in a ticket tracking system, and assisting Systems Administrator (tier 2) as needed.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Must be available regular office hours, occasional after hour support for branches
- Experience with Windows Desktop and Server OS, Active Directory, Ethernet/Broadband Networks, MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Anti-virus and security software, basic server hardware
- At least 2 years experience repairing PCs, installing software and servicing associated network and peripheral computing equipment.
- Strong communication,customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing ability to clearly document IT tickets
- Experience with VoIP, Aruba Wireless, firewall/security, VPN, Office 365 preferred
- Preferred certification: A+, Network+, MCSA/MCSE
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.