Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job—we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The CONFERENCE HOST is responsible for the orientation and communication of all information including Point Bonita Y and Park Service guidelines to insure the comfort and safety of visitors and guests at the Point Bonita YMCA. They will set the tone for the overall experience that visitors and guests will have at the Point Bonita YMCA.
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current YMCA approved first aid, CPR, and AED certifications (or ability to acquire within three months of hire).
- Current Basic Food Safety Certification (or ability to acquire within one month of hire).
- One or more years of related experience in a customer service environment.
- Competence with computers, general office equipment, and Microsoft Office software.
- Must have/receive training in branch emergency procedures.
- Must have the ability to respond to and direct guests/participants in following emergency procedures.
- The ability to function independently in a professional manner.
- An understanding of general operations and the ability to work with multiple groups simultaneously.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, attentiveness to customer service, and the ability to make timely decisions.
- This position also requires organizational and communication skills. A working knowledge of the YMCA is a plus.
- This position deals with people of diverse backgrounds, and it is necessary that s/he have a clear understanding of the relationships of the general public to the staff, of the staff to guests, and of intra-staff relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and work independently as well as collaboratively with supervisor and team members.
- Ability to effectively relay information to guests and staff.
- Commitment to the YMCA mission and ability to articulate the mission of the YMCA.
- Experience working at a hotel, camp, retreat center, or related business preferred, but not required.
- One or more years of related experience in a facilities, maintenance, or janitorial environment – light maintenance skills and general facility knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of tools, cleaning supplies, and maintenance equipment.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
CURRENT YSF STAFF CLICK HERE TO APPLY