Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the CARE Middle School Director, the CARE Student Success Advocate will work as a part of an interagency team to provide case management and service connection. The Student Advocate works in partnership with the San Francisco Unified School District and County Office of Education (SFUSD-COE) teachers, counselors, and administrators.
It is necessary for the Student Advocate to be familiar with students and family support services and agencies. This position also supports summer school as well as designing and facilitating programming in collaboration with the CARE sites. The Student Advocate is an integral part of program innovation and implementation. Lastly, the Student Advocate is a vital member of the YMCA of San Francisco Alternative Education wellness team.
- 21 years or older
- Available Monday – Friday during program and meeting hours; nights/weekends as needed
- 3 or more years in a classroom or providing case management (required bilingual language skills if applicable)
- Specialized skills in curriculum and event Planning, youth empowerment
- Understanding of local juvenile courts and office administration
- Understanding of conflict resolution and restorative justice
- Excel in communication, relationship building, and program promotion
- YMCA approved CPR and First Aid certification (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- BA/BS degree
- Bilingual Spanish and/or Cantonese
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records