Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Summer Program Directors and Site Coordinators, the Camp Program Leader is responsible for all aspects of the supervision of children and implementation of camp activities and curriculum. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; arriving to work as scheduled and on time. Successfully implementing and participating in theme-based curriculum that meets the needs of the individual child in regards to cultural, developmental and socio economic background. The camp program leader needs to identify and report critical incidents and act swiftly in emergency situations as well as adequately observe participants’ activities and enforce safety regulations. Also, it is crucial that the Camp Program Leader sets a positive example for all children.
- Minimum 18 years old
- High School Diploma
- Must be available Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 6:00pm (8 hour shifts)
- Chinese, Spanish, or Russian language skills preferred
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality programming to youth
- Must be a Team Player and be comfortable working alongside 3-4 fellow staff
- Must have knowledge and enthusiasm in youth development work
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth • CPR First Aid certified (may earn upon hire)
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records