Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the guidance of the Buchanan YMCA’s Unit Directors and the Camp Management Team, the Buchanan Camp Leader will assist with the implementation of day to day operations for their respective units. School Year Camp Leaders must strive to meet the expectations of a high functioning summer program, embodies and exudes the four YMCA core values and follow all youth development practice and principals. Additional, all Camp leaders must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job and to respond to all emergencies with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma, some college preferred
- Experience in camp setting or after school programs.
- Experience working with school-age youth.
- Knowledge of youth development principles and practices.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Western Addition community is preferred.
- Bilingual, Spanish-Speaking highly preferred.
- Creativity and interest in a variety of subjects, i.e. arts & culture, health & fitness, etc.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of ages, ethnic groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to supervise young people.
- Ability to be respectful and professional at all times.
- Willingness to learn conflict mediation skills, first aid techniques, and other skills.
- Health Screening and TB Clearance.
- Background/Fingerprint Clearance.
- First Aid and CPR certification
Email cover letter and resume to Jackson Livingston JLivingston@ymcasf.org
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.