Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others..
About the Job
Camp Jones Gulch is nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains amongst the redwoods, Our 927 acre property provides year-round access for conferences and retreats, outdoor education, family and summer camp programs and a ropes course.
Under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, the Program Staff will be responsible for engaging guests in activities in a fun and safe manner. Responsibilities include facilitating activities for scheduled activities such as Climbing Tower, Zip Line, Archery, Canoes, Hikes, and Arts & Crafts for campers and User Groups. This position is on-call and does not have regularly scheduled hours. Available hours are posted and staff respond to which dates they are available to work. Typical hours during the year are weekends with a full day on Saturday and half day on Sunday. Staff are welcome to stay at Camp Jones Gulch during working weekends.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Experience working in specialized activities a plus.
- Experience with Customer Service a plus.
- Creativity and interest in a variety of subjects, i.e. arts & culture, health & fitness, etc.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of ages, ethnic groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to supervise young people.
- Ability to be respectful and professional at all times.
- Willingness to learn conflict mediation skills, first aid techniques, and other skills.
- YMCA approved FIrst Aid and CPR certification.
Send resume and cover letter to Jessi Prevost: email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.