Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees and is ranked as one of the Top 20 Healthiest Employers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others..
About the Job
Camp Jones Gulch is nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains amongst the redwoods, Our 927 acre property provides year-round access for conferences and retreats, outdoor education, family and summer camp programs and a ropes course.
Under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, the Counselor will be responsible for engaging youth in activities in a fun and safe manner. Responsibilities will include living in cabin with campers and taking them to their scheduled activities, providing games, hikes and other activities during non-scheduled times, and providing general supervision of campers. Counselors will also run specialized program sites such as Climbing Tower, Zip Line, Archery, Canoes, Hikes, and Arts & Crafts for campers and User Groups.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Experience working with youth.
- Creativity and interest in a variety of subjects, i.e. arts & culture, health & fitness, etc.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of ages, ethnic groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to supervise young people.
- Ability to be respectful and professional at all times.
- Willingness to learn conflict mediation skills, first aid techniques, and other skills.
- Background/Fingerprint Clearance.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
Send resume and cover letter to Jessi Prevost: firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.