Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The Mission YMCA is looking for a Behavior/Inclusion Aide for Summer Programming who will be responsible for helping develop, implement, and oversee all inclusion initiatives within the Mission Summer Programming. The Behavior/Inclusion Aide for Summer Programming will assist the Inclusion Coordinator in developing a robust process for working with families of children with special needs to determine their unique needs and tailor supports and accommodations to maximize their success over the summer. This position will meet with parents and families to discuss and strategize how to best meet their child’s unique needs, in accordance with all behavioral modifications, IEPs, SSTs, 504s and all other interventions and previous accommodation plans. Inclusion Aide – Summer will enroll in and use training for Restorative Practices, Response to Intervention, and Behavior Modification to be able to support youth in a safe and constructively way, and will help youth in navigating physically, emotionally, socially, or behaviorally challenging experiences. This role will include helping to develop successful family and school partnerships; being a coach/liaison on implementing effective inclusion strategies to boost student achievement; working closely with the summer staff teams; and gathering and synthesizing resources for community programs and families.
- At Least 18 years of age
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree.
- Coursework in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field preferred
- Experience working with Elementary School students required.
- Experience working with Elementary School students with diverse abilities in a school setting preferred
- Knowledge of Social Emotional Learning Curriculum preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience in utilizing crisis intervention techniques and Restorative Justice Practices preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese a plus
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification, finger print and TB test clearance
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.