Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Associate Director is responsible for leading our clinical staff and helping the SF Clinical Director proper support and successful advancement of our programmatic goals and expectations both within the YMCA and from our outside funders. This position must be eligible, willing and qualified to provide excellent and attentive clinical supervision to staff as well as manage day-to-day operations. Both clinical insight and business management skills are crucial to succeed in this position
- MA or MS in Counseling, Clinical Psychology or Social work
- More than 24 months post licensure: current and valid PsyD, LCSW or LMFT
- Must be available M - F, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. with occasional weekends and evenings
- 2+ years post masters-level clinical experience. Previous clinical supervisory experience under CA Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MS Outlook and Office Suite proficiency
- 8+ years in the field with clinical services in community mental health
- Excellent oral communication skills in a locally identified threshold language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian)
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.