Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Associate Director is responsible for leading our clinical staff and helping the SF Clinical Director proper support and successful advancement of our programmatic goals and expectations both within the YMCA and from our outside funders. This position must be eligible, willing and qualified to provide excellent and attentive clinical supervision to staff as well as manage day-to-day operations. Both clinical insight and business management skills are crucial to succeed in this position
- Minimum 18 years old
- MA or MS in Counseling, Clinical Psychology or Social work
- More than 24 months post licensure: current and valid PsyD, LCSW or LMFT
- Must be available M - F, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. with occasional weekends and evenings
- 2+ years post masters-level clinical experience. Previous clinical supervisory experience under CA Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MS Outlook and Office Suite proficiency
- 8+ years in the field with clinical services in community mental health
- Excellent oral communication skills in a locally identified threshold language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian)
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.