Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The TCS After School Program is a youth program committed to providing academic support, physical education and enrichment activities to youth. The YMCA After School Site Coordinator is responsible for oversight, development, and implementation of the youth development services. Site Coordinator directly supervises staff, and is ultimately responsible for all volunteers and consultants who work in the afterschool program. Under the guidance of the Community Programs Directors, Site Coordinators will assist with the implementation/day to day operations of the Embarcadero YMCA after school program at one of the following sites: Harvey Milk, Bessie Carmichael, Tenderloin Community School, or Treasure Island YMCA.
The Site Coordinator is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean, and enriching After School Program site; ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. Site Coordinators must strive to meet the expectations of a high functioning program and embodies and exudes the four YMCA core values and follow all youth development practice and principles. Site Coordinators are positive role models to youth within the philosophy of the YMCA standards and expectations with emphasis on Character Counts. Site Coordinators must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job and to respond to all emergencies with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Have college quarter/semester credits in early childhood education, child development, and elementary education.
- Must have one to two years of experience working with youth
- One year of supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to commit to for the entire SFUSD 2019 - 2020 school year, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 10:00am-7:00pm. Please note, each site hours are different; schedules will fluctuate. All Coordinators will be held to an 8 hour shift. This position is funded through grant funding and hours and shifts are in alignment with the SFUSD 2019-2020 calendar.
- 1 to 1.5 hours a week will be dedicated to an all team meeting.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin preferred
- Current YMCA approved CPR and First Aid Certification, finger print and TB test clearance required
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.