Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader is responsible for providing leadership and support towards desired levels of excellence in the YMCA after-school programs at host school sites Monday – Friday, 2pm – 6pm for the entirety of the SFUSD academic year. This will include managing student behavior and the classroom culture, writing curriculum, and facilitating enrichment and recreation workshops. Additionally this position will support association wide implementation of Youth Development curriculum including training and evaluation.
This position is concerned primarily with the development, delivery, and evaluation of after-school programs and youth development program services with an emphasis on stellar service and legendary quality.
- Some college with experience in a Youth Development setting.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have outstanding communication skills; exceptional organizational skills; a passion for data and details; flexibility; and the ability to build strong relationships, inspire confidence, and work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Cantonese and Spanish highly sought
- Experience within the field of youth development delivering evidence-based services to maximize the attainment of early childhood educational goals
- Must be able to commit to working Monday – Friday, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. (or 6:30 p.m.) until the end of June 2019.
- Minimum of two years of proven experience in the administration of high quality school age child care, recreation/day camp programs.
- Established track record in the design and delivery of high quality curricula for the above programs.
- Must possess outstanding human relations/team building skills particularly the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity in defining program excellence.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to design, manage, and assist branch program leadership in reaching desired results.
- ARC Pediatric First Aid and CPR trainer certification a plus or willing to attain CPR/First Aid certification within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work as part of a team with the Site Coordinator, Associate Director of Youth Programs and Youth Programs Director to network within the broader child care community in support of enhanced YMCA child care/day camp programs.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Mandy Liu: Mliu@ymcasf.org
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.