Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Presidio YMCA After School Program Leader provides meaningful and enriching opportunities for youth in programs that are offered at the Claire Lilienthal Learning Academy for 3rd-8th grades. The Program Leader will help students develop and strengthen academic, physical, and social skills by providing assistance, tutoring, and mentorship in the After School Program. Program Leaders will provide academic enrichment and tutoring in classroom groups of up to 20 students, as well as organize and provide outdoor recreational activities in the school yards. Individuals hired for this position will work under the supervision of the Program Site Coordinators and Directors, and will need to be flexible, willing to take initiative, be punctual, and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year. Staff working on SFUSD campuses will be required to complete additional COVID safety trainings and may be required to get tested for COVID-19 regularly per SFUSD requirements. Everyone will be required to comply with the most recent requirements from the YMCA of San Francisco, CDC, State, County and City, and to be in compliance regarding vaccinations. Outside organizations such as SFUSD may require staff to be fully vaccinated.
Claire Lilienthal Learning Academy is located at the Scott Campus of Claire Lilienthal Alternative School: 3630 Divisadero St, San Francisco, 94118.
- Minimum 18 years of age for the elementary school programs, 21 for middle school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind-NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M-F during youth program hours, varies 12:15-6:30 pm
- Current YMCA approved CPR and 1st Aid certification - can complete upon hiring
- Fingerprint and TB Test clearances
- Must be willing to participate in bi-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Bi-Lingual skills in English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports
- Knowledge of Zoom and other online interaction platforms
- Connections in the local San Francisco community
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records