Keeps the pool and surrounding area safe, and appropriately responds to emergencies that may occur. Responsible for keeping various aspects of the pool area in order, including the office, equipment room and deck. Presents a positive, enthusiastic and caring attitude to a diversified population of members and staff. Knows and exhibits the YMCA mission through programs that strive for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Demonstrates the ability to exercise mature judgment and tact, and is able to work well with members, staff and volunteers.
Skills and Requirements
1. Minimum 16 years of age.
2. Current Lifeguard Certification*
3. Current YMCA approved First Aid certification
4. Current YMCA approved CPR/AED certification
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Bilingual applicants (Spanish) are preferred
1. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
2. Complete all other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
3. Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
4. Demonstrate the Character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
5. Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
6. Keep full attention on the pool and its occupants at all times.
7. Enforce all pool rules consistently.
8. Regulate lap lanes to ensure swimmers are in the appropriate lanes and that all are welcome to swim.
9. Complete incident reports for all accidents, care given.
10. Maintain the aquatics equipment and areas, including the office and supply areas with a high attention to cleanliness and safety.
11. Record chemical readings, water temperature, pool inspections, accident/incident reports, participant statistics and other details as instructed by your supervisor.
12. Arrive on time for your shift, with your uniform and rescue equipment worn and ready to use in case of an emergency.
13. Commit to working your scheduled shifts as outlined in the scheduling policy, or finding subs unless otherwise directed by your supervisor.
14. Report any facility problems or concerns to management, including rescue equipment, fitness equipment and other pool environmental issues.
15. Promote the Y’s Aquatics programming and familiarizing yourself about what we offer to members.
Submit resume and cover letter to Griffen Cole: firstname.lastname@example.org