Kitchen Aide, Grade I
Under the direction of the Food Service Associate Director and the Cook, the Kitchen Aide washes dishes, sets up the dining rooms, performs clean-up duties, assists the Cook(s) and guests as necessary and performs other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the Kitchen during the shift.
Skills and Requirements
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Current YMCA approved first aid, CPR, and AED certifications (or ability to acquire within three months of hire).
3. Current Food Safety Certification or ability to acquire.
4. One or more years of related experience in a Food Service environment, preferred to also have one or more years of related experience in a customer service environment.
5. Basic knowledge of Food Service equipment.
6. Must have/receive training in branch emergency procedures.
7. Must have the ability to direct guests/participants in following emergency procedures.
1. Demonstrates the "Character Counts" values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
2. Participates in training and abides by the "New Perspectives" guidelines for the YMCA of San Francisco.
3. Under the direction of the Cook, prepares and serves meals according to appropriate information (i.e., number of guests, mealtimes, special requests, directives from Food Service Associate Director, etc.)
4. Washes and properly Stores all dishes and cookware according to proper branch and health code procedures.
5. Maintains cleanliness of kitchen, dining rooms, and the area around the dining hall.
6. Sets up dining rooms; cleans and organizes dining rooms after meals.
7. Assists Cooks and guests as necessary.
8. Participates in Staff meetings.
9. Performs seasonal/special events duties required by the Food Service Associate Director or Executive Director.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Food Service Associate Director.
- Point Bonita
Email cover letter and resume to Richard Holden: email@example.com