Cook, Grade III
Under the direction of the Food Service Associate Director, the Cook prepares and serves meals, supervises the Kitchen Aide, performs clean-up duties, assists guests as necessary, and performs other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the Kitchen during the shift.
Skills and Requirements
Nature and Background
Must have experience in or the ability to learn safe and proper use of kitchen equipment as well as the ability to prepare meal items from recipes. Must have food safety certification (e.g. ServSafe or other accredited food safety program). Must have customer service skills and a good service attitude and be able to have consistent, positive interactions with guests and members. Must have a minimum of one year of previous professional cooking experience, and must be 18 years of age or older. High School graduate or equivalent is preferred.
1. Demonstrates the "Character Counts" values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
2. Participates in training and abides by the "New Perspectives" guidelines for the YMCA of San Francisco.
3. Prepares and serves meals according to appropriate information (i.e., number of guests, mealtimes, special requests, directives from Food Service Associate Director, etc.)
4. Receives deliveries, Checks them against the invoice, and Stores goods according to proper branch and health code procedures.
5. Directs and Supervises Kitchen Aide in duties.
6. Maintains kitchen in clean, sanitary, and safe condition according to Public Health Code and the directives of the Food Service Director.
7. Participates in Staff meetings.
8. Fulfills “Emergency/On-duty” schedule as required.
9. Performs seasonal/special events duties required by the Food Service Associate Director or Executive Director.
10. All other duties as assigned by the Food Service Associate Director.
- Point Bonita
Email cover letter and resume to Richard Holden: firstname.lastname@example.org