ExCEL Program Group Leader
Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader will provide assistance and tutoring to students in the after school program; lead fun learning activities that are academically-based and enrichment/recreation activities with groups of up to 20 students.
• Provide opportunities for students to succeed and develop & strengthen academic, physical, and social skills.
• Work as a member of a team to design and implement age appropriate after school learning and enrichment activities.
• Maintain a positive relationship with the school faculty, its students and parents.
Skills and Requirements
1. At least 2 years of college experience
2. Some experience working with youth in an organized setting and of various cultures
3. Health Screening/TB Clearance
4. Background/Fingerprint Clearance
5. First Aid and CPR certification
6. Must commit to working the entire SFUSD school year, August 15, 2011 to May 25, 2012.
• Under supervision of the Site Coordinator, develop daily lesson plan.
• Lead organized learning activities for students to develop and strengthen their academic, physical, and social skills.
• As needed, differentiate lessons and activities so they are appropriate to students with various abilities.
• Review program work plans with Site Coordinator, Lead Teacher, or classroom teacher for effective program implementation.
• Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and events.
• Instruct students on the safe and proper use of supplies and equipment.
• Implement discipline techniques and classroom management.
• Participate in cleaning and maintaining the facilities and equipment.
• Inspect the school site and the equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action to prevent injuries.
• Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers and school staff.
• Participate in school site staff meetings and on-going training opportunities when possible/necessary.
• Comply with all San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) policies and procedures.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org