Youth Court Coordinator
Under the direction of the Youth Court Director, this position will coordinate the Youth Court and the volunteers supporting the program. This position provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for adult volunteers and students in involved in the Youth Court programs.
We are seeking a capable, supportive, organized, energetic and charismatic person for this position. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who appreciates a systems approach to addressing problems; is highly creative; and is self-organizing and enjoys supporting programs using coaching and facilitation skills. This individual is an advocate of volunteers, youth workers, youth, and youth programs.
The candidate must have experience working with youth in community-based organizations, preferably with a youth development focus. We prefer a candidate with strong written and oral communication skills, significant experience providing volunteer staff development training, the capacity to think critically and to employ good judgment skills, the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, group facilitation and training experience. Position requires knowledge and practical skills in leadership development, program development, planning and communication.
Skills and Requirements
Min. Age: 18 years of age
Availability: Week days
Related Experience: Experience working with students, families and community agencies
Language Skills: Spanish speaking preferred
Specialized Skills: Restorative practices preferred
1. Recruit Volunteer Teachers to support the Peer Court program
2. Train Volunteers supporting the Peer Court program
3. Coordinate Volunteers supporting the Peer Court program
4. Meet with Student Peer Court Board once a month
5. Communicates regularly with program supervisor
6. Responsible for all administrative duties involved in the running of the Peer Court program
7. Schedule all trainings, trainers and participants of the Peer Court program
8. Responsible for data collection and related reports
9. Takes attendance and maintains related records
10. Represents the YMCA and maintains its relationships with organizations in the community
11. Attend and Participates in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
12. Communicates appropriately with program participants on progress. Provides information to the public and participants on YMCA programs and schedules
13. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures including emergency procedures
14. Completes incident reports as necessary
15. Support the mission of the Marin YMCA and the YMCA of San Francisco
16. Demonstrate the "Character Counts" values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all your dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff
17. Participate in training and abides by the "New Perspectives" guidelines for the YMCA of San Francisco
18. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
19. Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
20. Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Email cover letter and resume to Don Carney: firstname.lastname@example.org