All people are welcome to participate in YMCA of San Francisco programs and use our facilities as members, regardless of race, ability, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation or income. Everyone belongs at the Y.
If you purchase a YMCA Bay Area Membership, then you can access all of our YMCA of San Francisco facilities plus a large number of additional Bay Area locations. The YMCA of San Francisco has 10 fitness facilities located throughout San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin County.
If you are a facility member at any one of our locations, you have full access to that particular YMCA, and you can use any other YMCA of San Francisco facility for $5.00.
With a Facility Membership, you have full access to the YMCA facility that you join. This includes fitness centers, group exercise classes, lap and recreational swimming, and some branches offer ChildWatch. You also receive a free fitness orientation and priority registration for programs. As a facility member, you can participate in most programs at no additional cost. To participate in programs with fees, facility members can take advantage of reduced fees.
A Program Membership is for those who want to enroll in a particular class or program, such as swim lessons, youth sports, or child care, and do not wish to have full access to the YMCA facility. General usage of the YMCA facility is not included. A nominal annual fee is required for a Program Membership. Additional fees apply per class or program.
- In the right-hand corner of your screen, just click on the gear-icon and you will have an option to Login. From there you can access your profile. If you have logged into your account before, type in your email address and password in the left column (A) and if you have never logged before, click “Find Account” in the middle box and enter your last name, birthdate and zip code.
- After navigating to the gear icon and clicking "log in", click “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts to re-set.
- Log on to your account and click on ‘Payment History’
- Select the drop down list for the date range needed
- Click the arrow next to each payment method to see the details of the fees
- Click the printer icon to view a ‘Printer Friendly’ receipt option
YMCA membership and programs are open to everyone. Financial assistance is made available to those who cannot afford the services the YMCA provides. These funds come from the generosity of our donors. We handle all financial assistance applications and supporting documentation confidentially. For details, visit our Financial Assistance page.
To update your credit card number and expiration date, or your EFT account numbers:
- Under “Payment Methods” click the hyperlinked numbers for the credit card/EFT you wish to update
- Click the lock icon to update the number.
- Select the red icon next to each billing method if you would like to completely remove the credit card or EFT from your record. Please note: you cannot delete a payment method that is currently being used for membership, scheduled program payments, or scheduled donation payments.
To add a new credit card or EFT to your account:
- Under “Payment Methods” click “Add credit card” or “Add bank draft (EFT)”
- Enter the billing method information and submit
You can register for a Facility or Program Membership right now online or go into your nearest YMCA. Once you are a member, there are several ways to register for programs and classes. Select your branch of choice and learn about what programs we offer online! For more information, call or visit your YMCA. You can register for select programs and classes online.
Volunteering is an important part of the energy and excellence of the YMCA of San Francisco. YMCA volunteers work at each facility; they help with programs and events; they serve on committees; and some lead as members of branch boards. We are grateful for all volunteer help, and we need a wide range of skills and interests to help us meet the needs of the people and the community that we serve. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, view our volunteer page, call or visit your YMCA.